Our Hiking Services in Yellowstone National Park
Leave the busy roads behind to accompany one of our naturalist guides on the trail. We create a customized hike tailored to your interest and experience. Climb a peak, walk down a valley, or visit the serenity of a forested shore along an enchanting lake…Yellowstone National Park has a diverse array of wilderness destinations, many of which are seldom visited. Escape the crowds, let us make the arrangements, and hit the trail to discover the geysers, waterfalls, or scenic views of the park, which few get to see.
Do you want a seasoned guide to accompany your family in grizzly country? Or are you ambitious and ready to discover pristine landscapes away from well-worn trails? Let us design the right duration and destination for a hike that is matched perfectly to your group. A simple but hardy on-the-go lunch will be provided.
A well-rounded naturalist guide will provide interesting commentary about the natural and cultural history of your hike. Our guides know the terrain and strive to keep guests comfortable and safe throughout the experience. They bring all safety equipment, including bear spray and a first aid kit, and know how to use it. We provide bear spray for guests that wish to carry it as well. We teach and practice the Leave No Trace code of outdoor ethics.
If you have health questions or concerns, consult your doctor for more information. The tour leaders must be advised in advance of any special health needs. Weather conditions can change without notice and it is the responsibility of the traveler to have proper clothing and equipment. We will provide a list for the clothing and gear recommended for the trip.
Consider these hiking options:
- Pricing for our basic day hiking guide service is listed to the right for 5-6 hour hikes, plus/minus $40 per hour for longer/short hikes.
- While we will likely see some wildlife, our hiking service is not ideal for accumulating a lot of wildlife sightings. Rather, our wildlife guide service is recommended for those most interested in a lot of wildlife sightings.
- For winter outings, we suggest taking a snowshoe excursion with one of our guides in Yellowstone's wildlife-rich Northern Range.
- Inquire with us for your transportation needs to shuttle your hiking group to/from trailheads.
- Lastly, inquire about planning a custom multi-day backpack trip. We have extensive experience with epic wilderness routes in the park.
What to bring: Backpack, hiking boots, shade hat, sunscreen, water bottle, diet-specific snacks, and multiple layers including rain gear.
What we provide: Lunch, trekking poles, bear spray, first aid, optics, food and water, and extensive knowledge of Yellowstone's landscape and wildlife.
Yellowstone Guided Hiking Rates
No current trips planned